Just got a call from the school that Madeline had punched a boy in the stomach and they wanted me to talk to her. Turns out the boy was being rough and not letting Madeline by to get into the space bounce AND the teacher had told the kids not to talk to her while she was on the cell phone. Anyone see a problem with this situation? I told them that if there was not a teacher available to settle the dispute and the boy was being rough then, no, I would not be punishing Madeline at home for this. I told them to let her stay in the office to finish her time out for hitting but that was to be the end of it.
So hard to walk that fine line with girls of standing up for themselves or being a push over. So far Madeline has shown that she is not a doormat! ha ha
just stopped by to see the updates. they are so cute, and getting so big. good for madeline standing up for herself. love you aunt colleen and lollie
ReplyDelete