Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Finger Prick

Today was Madeline's 6yr check up at the doctor. She told Madeline after her exam that there would not be any shots this time, just a finger prick and then left the room so the nurse could come in and do that. Madeline had an absolute COME APART. I said "Aren't you happy there isn't a shot??" and she says in a horribly sobbing voice "Mommy! Aurora got her finger pricked and DIED!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT MY FINGER PRICKED!!!!!!!!!!!" It was sooooooooo hard not to laugh at this, I couldn't believe she had made that comparison! For those of you who don't know, Aurora is the real name of Sleeping Beauty and we all know that story. =) Needless to say she did not choose Aurora when picking out stickers at the nurse's desk.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I love it! I guess you never know what they are thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her heart... it only goes to show how real some things are for them...

    ReplyDelete