Saturday, July 4, 2009

Madeline's new friends

So for 2 days now Madeline has taken up with the new neighbor's kids 2 houses down. She loves to play outside and waits and waits for these 4 kids to come out. They have a trampoline in their back yard and they asked her to come jump with them. Enter the overprotective mother. I have never let her go do things like that where I wasn't there to watch her. So....... I hung out in my driveway to 'water the plants' so I could hear her voice over the fences to make sure she was ok. Finally had to go inside after the plants and yard were swimming in water.
Couldn't stand it anymore so I walked down to their house and cut through the yard to check on her. She sees me coming and I get the hand up in the air to stop me followed by 'I'm FINE Mom!'. Meaning go home and let me play why don't you.
Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, you'll be cool again when she is 25 :)

    ReplyDelete