When I was growing up my Mother would always say "We'll see you anon" as we were leaving. Translation: I'll see you soon. So now you understand how I chose my blog address and I hope to 'see you anon'- keep checking back for updates!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
'humdimidifier'
We are a family of humidifiers. When Madeline was little she called them humdimidifiers and it stuck. This is a picture of the one I use (Jeff too). This is the same one my mother used for me every single time I was sick. She would put it on a stool beside my bed at night. We had two, the other was avacado green but I'm not sure what happened to it. They came from Daddy's drug store and the yellow price sticker says 'Lexington $15.95'. It is obviously from the 1970's but works like a charm. The motor still makes the same sound I remember from childhood and it is very comforting even today when I am sick. I am always worried that the motor will burn out eventually and can't be replaced. Since I still have the original box and leaflet inside I went online to try to find another but there are none.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment