Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Birthdays

Today I booked Madeline's 7th birthday party, yes I know her birthday is not until June but I always start early as they take a lot of planning. And now that I have Matthew's the next month after hers I have to start even earlier. Here is a run down of the parties so far (this is minus the last one- the Halloween party- and Matthew's Ice Cream party since those were on the blog back when they ocurred).


Madeline's first birthday was a Rainbow Care Bear party. She loved Care Bears and we had a Care Bear smash cake, Care Bear hat, I made a back drop of a rainbow and clouds for guests to have their picture taken with and we had every color of Kool-Aide. For the guests we had mini cakes on popsicle sticks in rainbow flavors and rainbow ice cream. The invitations had a picture of Madeline sitting on the beach with all of her Care Bears.



Second birthday was a Ladybug Picnic at the park. She wore her ladybug outfit and I made individual cakes in little flower pots, each had a sliced strawberry on top decorated with mini M&Ms to look like ladybugs. The invitations of course had ladybugs on them and the kids loved playing at the park.






Birthday #3 was my favorite, it was a Picasso party. Madeline wore a beret and each child got a canvas to paint during the party. The cake was in the shape of an artist palette and the invitations were palette shaped with real paint brushes stuck through them- very cute! I had a friend applique the artist palette on Madeline's shirt. The room was decorated with print outs of real masterpieces from Picasso to Monet. We also had huge inflatable crayons for the kids to play with and each child took a turn wearing the beret to have their picture made with their canvas masterpiece. This was a fun party! For take home goodie bags we did paint cans filled with some arts/craft supplies.


the cake...




4th birthday was a 'Pretend' Sleepover, pretend because no one really spent the night but everyone arrived in their pajamas. The cake above was made to look like little girls in their sleeping bags/bed. The invitations were very cute, my grandmother sewed little mini sleeping bags that each invitation inserted into! She even embroidered a little flower on each. Then we put a full size mattress on the living room floor and made it all up with pillows for the kids to play on and Madeline opened gifts there too. We had an inflatable moon bounce out back for the kids to play on too. Goodie bags had slumber party stuff like nail polish, toothpaste, toothbrush, bath gel, play jewelry. Fun fun fun.







The 5th birthday was a Pizza Chef party. At this one we all made little individual pizzas with toppings and baked them in the oven for the kids to eat. Each child had an apron and a chef hat to wear. We made the kitchen look like a pizzeria- I ordered the paper placemats with activities on them like you get at a pizza place and instead of cake we got some chocolate dessert pizzas from the local pizza parlor and put candles in that. The invitations were on red/white checkerboard with a chef hat on it. A lot of the moms loved this one.













No comments:

Post a Comment