Friday, July 16, 2010

Birthday Cake

With Madeline's and now Matthew's birthday cakes being made by moi I am appreciating what I tasked my own Mother with on my birthdays. Whereas Nancy asked for the SAME kind of cake each year (pan cake with a rainbow- boring) I came up with real doozies. Somehow Mother was always able to pull it off. Below are some pics I found that show 2 of them.
Madeline's cake was one I was able to construct into a bear and tomorrow I will be making one appear -hopefully- like a football. Of course it might just come out looking like a big brown diamond shape! ha ha


On this birthday I wanted a snowman cake, but I didn't want a picture of a snowman on a cake, I wanted the cake to BE a snowman. Mother even used upside down ice cream cones frosted green for pine trees! That's my Uncle Scotty, cousin Leigh Anne, Nan, Aunt Merrill, cousin Julie, Daddy, me and Mother circa 1981.


This year I wanted a cake with a castle on it and a moat and the little silver beads on top of the castle were specified request too! ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment