
The last week of October I flew out to AZ for a long weekend to visit one of my very best friends from high school. As most of you know, airplanes and I do not get along so it was not fun getting there.
We ate dinner in Phoenix at a western themed town and it was done overboard for Halloween. This covered wagon/cactus was out front.

Me and Jenny at dinner. She ordered the Hoss burger which as I'm sure you would know was massive but very fun to watch her eat! There was much giggling over the weekend and we were so happy to have time to catch up and hang out.

After dinner I got to ride the mechanical bull. This has been on my bucket list to do so I was thrilled to get a chance. And to top it off, the toothless, gun toting Mexican man who operated it was named Chico and he said he liked me and that I was 'fun'. Guess I left an impression.

Before anyone gets impressed with Jenny, she didn't really ride the bull, Chico just let her get on for photo ops. Her husband Mark was able to stay on it for an impessive amount of time.

The next day we drove to Sedona for some hiking and sight seeing. This is Bell Rock, it was so pretty up against the blue sky. The picture doesn't do it justice.

The cow pie hiking trail was fabulous! We almost bottomed out the car getting to it (off road vehicles are recommended rather than 4 door sedans) but it was well worth it.

We were able to climb right up into all the red Sedona rocks, it was amazing and sooo quiet. I was unaware that Sedona was a 'vortex of positive energy' so we spent some time trying to locate vortexes for laughs. Didn't find any.......... I don't think.

From the top of the mountain.

On the way back home we stopped at Montezuma Castle. This was a great tourist stop. A castle built into the side of a mountain in 1100 and still mostly in tact.

I must say that I finally got to eat at an In-N-Out Burger! I've always seen where the celebrities eat at these in Hollywood so I've always wanted to try it. It was GREAT! Of course there isn't one any where close to AL.
No comments:
Post a Comment